CMI 496 E-top Headers
“I recently installed CMI's new 496 Elbow Top header package on my boat. All I can say is WOW! I gained 4 mph . . . the throttle response has also greatly improved. The best part, I did all the work myself.”Todd R. / Linwood, MN
- Direct Mercruiser replacement for your 496 Mag or 496 HO engine.
- No additional custom tails to buy. You don’t need to remove your stock exhaust hose to install our kit, a true plug and play system.
- This new kit introduces CMI’s new low cost satin finish. For an additional charge you can have our classic high polished stainless finish.
- 1 7/8" id primary to get peak horse power and torque.
- Mandrel bent and formed from High quality 316L grade material.
- Fully post annealed to reduce stresses built up in the header during the manufacturing process
- The only seamless water jacketed header manufactured. No welded inner primaries or water jacketed tubes to crack and leak.
- More water jacketed protection than your stock exhaust.
- Approved by Mercruiser to not void warranty on the motor, with the exception of water reversion.
- Same high quality semi automated welding as used on all racing applications
- Patented “Cool Collar” design provides a short hot section at the flange, which helps minimize the possibility of water ingestion in to the engine.
- This kit is price competitive to other aluminum/stainless manifold systems with superior performance and extended life span in harsh marine environments.
- No cast parts to crack, all CMI collectors are forged from American made stainless steel.
- Works on 34.5" drive centers
- Brings a race look to your stock engine.
- Sophisticated engineering leaves your stock oil lines in place and only requires relocating your oil filter with a supplied bracket.
- Step by step, do it yourself instructions using Mercury supplied engine schematics.
- Exhaust Water Temperature Bungs Installed as Standard Equipment.